If you can not physically attend
the Nashville conference 2009 then you can still participate in the
Internet Division of the conference. All manuscripts accepted for
participation in the Internet Division will also be included in the
conference proceedings and would be considered for an award and
publication in one of the two journals. All conference participants,
whether in person or in the Internet Division, are required to
register for the conference in order to be included in the conference program.
Internet Division Coordinator:
Dr. Dothang Truong
We are using VYEW (http://vyew.com)
as a web conference tool for the Internet Division. With Vyew
participants can make a live presentation to people online using
webcam and microphone. Participants also can provide real time
comments and discussions.
To get started:
For session chairs:
- Sign up for a free account at
- Vyew is user friendly and easy to use. But make
sure you spend time to practice with its tools before the session.
- Ask all presenters to email you their slides two days before
- Schedule a meeting (click that button on the
top left corner): select the date and time as scheduled in the
program, enter email addresses of participants. A reminder email
will be sent to participants one hour before the session.
- Upload the slides: in order to avoid the delay,
you should upload the slides for presenters before starting the
session. Make note which page the presenter should start.
Vyew only allow us to upload up to 50
slides, so if we reach that limit we have to delete used slides.
You can do that by clicking the Remove Page icon next to the
- When participants enter the site, they will be
put in the lobby first. You will need to bring them to the session
- You need to give the current presenter
“Collaborator” status, so he/she can import their presentation file.
You can do that by clicking on their email and select “Promote to
a Collaborator”. In order to avoid
interruption during the session, make sure you only give one
presenter the "Collaborator" status at a time so he/she is only
(except you) who can talk and move slides. Once the presentation
is done, the presenter should be changed back to "Viewer"
- You can invite guesses to the sessions by
clicking Invite People and enter their email address. Make sure
guesses only have a “Viewer” status so they can see the
presentation, but cannot upload their own file.
- Test your Webcam and Microphone
- Click the Broadcast icon on the top right
corner to turn on your webcam and Push to talk to make your
- Instruct participants to make their
presentation as scheduled. Make sure to turn on the SYNC mode so
everyone will see the same screen.
- To make comments or discussions: click Raise
Hand button and Push to talk, or enter the text in the chat area.
- You always can click Help button on the top
left corner to learn about the functions of buttons and icons.
- Make sure you keep track of the time and remind
the participants to keep their presentation within the time limit.
- The session chair will send you an invitation to the session.
Please make sure to join the session (by clicking on the link) on
- Vyew is user friendly and easy to use. But make sure you spend
time to practice with its tools before the session.
- You will be given a “Collaborator” status so you can make
- In order to avoid delay in the session, make sure you email
your PowerPoint slides to your session chair two days before (see
the list of supported files below). The session chair will upload
the file for you ahead of time.
- Make sure the SYNC mode is on so everyone will see the same
screen as you present
- Test your Webcam and Microphone
- Click the Broadcast icon on the top right corner to turn on
your webcam and Push to talk to start making your presentation.
- To make comments or discussions: enter the text in the chat area.
- You always can click Help button on the top left corner to
learn about the functions of buttons and icons.
Sharing your desktop:
If you choose to share your desktop, make sure you install Java
1.6 in your computer and test this function BEFORE the session. You
can download it for free at
www.java.com. Please refer the
New User Guide for
Operating System: Windows ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista, Mac OS
X+/Leopard, or Linux
- Mozilla Firefox 2+ (Recommended), Internet Explorer 6+ ,
- Adobe Flash Player 9 (126.96.36.199 or higher) plug-in installed
(Except Vista and Leopard Users, 188.8.131.52 or higher)
- 56K internet connection (DSL+ recommended)
Requirements for Special Features:
- For Desktop Sharing or Screen Capture: Java 1.6 (or higher)
(People watching the presentation do not need Java)
- For Built-in Voice Over IP (VOIP): A Microphone, Allow Flash
access to Mic (You will be prompted when clicking "Push To Talk")
- To Broadcast Video via Webcam: A Webcam, Allow Flash access to
Webcam (You will be prompted when clicking the "Broadcast Video"
Is your company behind a firewall?
Vyew normally works behind a firewall. But in some cases, if the
firewall settings are very secure or too "smart", Vyew may get
Vyew can natively import the following file types:
.PPT (MS Powerpoint)
.DOC (MS Word)
.XLS (MS Excel)
.TXT (Raw text file)
.PDF (Adobe Acrobat)
.PNG (Image - w/alpha channel)
.SWF (Flash Movie)
.FLV (Flash Video)*
.RTF (Rich Text Format)