We are using VYEW (http://vyew.com)
as a web conference tool for the Internet Division. With Vyew
participants can make a live presentation to people online using
webcam and microphone. Participants also can provide real time
comments and discussions.
To get started:
- The session chair will send you an invitation to the session.
Please make sure to join the session (by clicking on the link) on
- Vyew is user friendly and easy to use. But make sure you spend
time to practice with its tools before the session.
- You will be given a “Collaborator” status so you can make
- Due to the limited time and capacity, each presentation is
allowed to have UP to 12 PowerPoint
slides. Please make sure to skim down your
presentation to meet this requirement or the slides will be sent
back to you for correction.
- In order to avoid delay in the session, make sure you email
your PowerPoint slides to your session chair two days before (see
the list of supported files below). The session chair will upload
the file for you ahead of time.
- Make sure the SYNC mode is on so everyone will see the same
screen as you present
- Test your Microphone and/or Webcam: sign up for a free
account and click Test Mic/Webcam, then select Allow (for the
Adobe Flash Player Settings) in the pop up window and click
- Click the Broadcast icon on the top right corner to turn on
your webcam and Push to talk to start making your presentation.
- To make comments or discussions: enter the text in the chat area.
- You always can click Help button on the top left corner to
learn about the functions of buttons and icons.
Sharing your desktop:
If you choose to share your desktop, make sure you install Java
1.6 in your computer and test this function BEFORE the session. You
can download it for free at
www.java.com. Please refer the
New User Guide for
- Computer or laptop with high speed Internet connection
- Microphone (make sure you test your microphone with VYEW
before the real session): sign up for a free account and
click Test Mic/Webcam, then select Allow (for the Adobe Flash
Player Settings) in the pop up window and click Close.
- Webcam is not required and during the session we need to
disable it in order to save bandwidth
Operating System: Windows ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista, Mac OS
X+/Leopard, or Linux
- Mozilla Firefox 2+ (Recommended), Internet Explorer 6+ ,
- Adobe Flash Player 9 (188.8.131.52 or higher) plug-in installed
(Except Vista and Leopard Users, 184.108.40.206 or higher)
- 56K internet connection (DSL+ recommended)
Requirements for Special Features:
- For Desktop Sharing or Screen Capture: Java 1.6 (or higher)
(People watching the presentation do not need Java)
- For Built-in Voice Over IP (VOIP): A Microphone, Allow Flash
access to Mic (You will be prompted when clicking "Push To Talk")
- To Broadcast Video via Webcam: A Webcam, Allow Flash access to
Webcam (You will be prompted when clicking the "Broadcast Video"
Is your company behind a firewall?
Vyew normally works behind a firewall. But in some cases, if the
firewall settings are very secure or too "smart", Vyew may get
Vyew can natively import the following file types:
.PPT (MS Powerpoint)
.DOC (MS Word)
.XLS (MS Excel)
.TXT (Raw text file)
.PDF (Adobe Acrobat)
.PNG (Image - w/alpha channel)
.SWF (Flash Movie)
.FLV (Flash Video)*
.RTF (Rich Text Format)